Happy New Year's to you!
Here's a recipe for a great start to the new year.
|Coconut Chia Pudding|
Coconut Chia Pudding
- One can Coconut Milk (I prefer BPA free cans and currently use the Natural Value Brand purchased through Amazon Subscribe and Save)
- A Natural Sweetener (either Honey or Maple Syrup). I use about a tablespoon of honey, a little more than that amount if I'm using maple syrup
- 2-3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds (also from Amazon). The more seeds, the thicker it is. Don't go too thick to start. Work your way up.
- A Pint Mason Jar or a couple of 8 oz mason jars with lids. I love these lids (regular mouth) . Here is the wide mouth variety
- Feel free to also add in vanilla, cardamom, or any other spices that appeal to you.
Mix all items together in a bowl and pour into the jars. If you are using a pint sized jar, you can pour everything straight into the jar, seal it tightly, and shake shake shake.
Leave in the refrigerator overnight and enjoy. Sometimes I put a little into a bowl and add fresh fruit. Other times, I just scoop out a spoonful and nibble away.
Let me know if you give this recipe a try!